The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar has been received positively thus far, as reviews continue to appear since the game's release.
- GameDaily awarded the product a 9.0/10, praising its rich, fantasy-themed universe, well-integrated trait and title system, and a story that remains true to the works of Tolkien.
- Yahoo! Video Games wrote a review with few negative mentions, awarding the game a score of 4/5.
- Computer and Video Games called the game an essential purchase for Lord of the Rings fans, scoring the game a 9.2/10.
- EuroGamer scored the game a 9.0/10, calling it tough to resist.
- Gamespy gave it 4.5/5 stars, claiming the game "opened up Middle-Earth to the masses" but commented negatively on its weak PvP content.
- GameTrailers awarded it 8.5/10, citing its interesting tweaks to the MMO genre.
- Codemasters, and Turbine inc. released a statement on May 10th, 2007 declaring that the game was ranked No.1 in North America & Europe in sales, according to Industry Reports.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Lord of the Rings Online Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|