A Profession allows a character to gather materials and/or make stuff, according to his vocation.
There are three gathering professions:
- Farmers grow items, such as pipeweed, in the field and harvest them, usually as supplies for other crafting vocations.
- Foresters gather resources such as wood from the forest, to be used by other crafting vocations.
- Prospectors gather stone and ore from the earth for use in other crafting vocations.
There are seven producing professions:
- Cook -- A long march can be made all the easier with the promise of a good meal at the end. While it may seem a mundane talent, a good cook is every adventurer's best friend.
- Jeweller -- Simple adornments and objects of beauty are the heart of the jeweller's trade. However, exceptional adornments can go far to increasing the stature and confidence of an adventurer, and a skilled jeweller can produce true works of art.
- Metalsmith -- Metal armors and sturdy shields are the metalsmith's domain. Though their initial products may be of simple make, eventually their skills will allow them to work finer materials and greater designs.
- Scholar -- Perhaps the most mysterious of the professions, the Scholar collects fragments of lost lore, and attempts to interpret their secrets. In doing so, he can produce scrolls that other craftsmen can read to improve their chances of producing a superior product. Other practical applications include lore by which specific enemies (orcs, trolls, the dead) might be best combated, or cures for various maladies
- Tailor -- A skilled tailor can make simple clothing from common cloth, but with time and practice can create garments of great beauty that provide significant protection to their wearer. The Tailor can also work with tanned hides to produce leather armor – light, tough and suitable for travel.
- Weaponsmith -- As expected, the Weaponsmith is the primary source of melee weapons. Swords, daggers, and axes of all varieties are the Weaponsmith's purview, ranging from bronze training gear to weapons of ancient design and great renown.
- Woodworker -- As any archer will tell you, it takes more than a stick and a string to make a worthy weapon. The woodworker is an expert bowyer, but expands his trade to include staves, spears, and other hafted weapons. A master Woodworker can produce weapons that even an Elven hero would be proud to wield on the battlefield.
“Vocations Professions in The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar can either be a...Professions
“The Forester The Forester gathers wood from wood nodes scattered around middle earth. They can...Forester
“The Prospector profession is a primary gathering profession. A prospector gathers metal ores...Prospector
“The Farmer The Farmer provides supplies for the cook to use. These supplies are often more...Farmer
“Professions The Weaponsmith is the primary source of melee weapons. Swords, daggers, and axes of...Weaponsmith
“Professions Metal armors and sturdy shields are the Metalsmith's domain. Though their initial...Metalsmith
“Professions As any archer will tell you, it takes more than a stick and a string to make a...Woodworker
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.